Table of Contents
Whether you need to work on your car or you want to use your space for a workout, if it’s cold out, you don’t want to have to put on a hat and mitts simply to use your garage. Here are the best electric garage heater in 2021.
Getting an electric garage heater can help. There are lots of options on the market, but you need to make sure the one you pick suits your needs and budget.
Best Electric Garage Heater Reviews: Complete Buyers Guide
Comfort Zone CZ230ER Digital Fan-Forced Ceiling Mount Heater
- The fan-forced heater is designed for ceiling mounting and hard-wired installation, which saves valuable floor space in a packed warehouse, garage or storage area.
- The body of the commercial heater is crafted from heavy gauge steel, which stands up well to the temperature fluctuations in areas that are poorly insulated.
- Louvers and a variable mounting angle direct airflow where it is needed most, while the fan-forced design helps to distribute it throughout the room.
At Comfort Zone, we’re dedicated to helping you find your comfort zone by offering you a range of quality gans. Our fan line-up includes Space Heaters, Personal Fans, Table Fans, Pedestal Fanz, Tower Fans, Window Fans, Box Fans, and Wall Mounted Fans, We offer only the highest quality fans built to perform and last.
Dr Heater DR966
- Heavy Duty 240V Single Phase 3000/6000W Commercial Electric Heater
- Hardwired; Power cord not included in the unit. Dimensions: Overall Height - Top to Bottom: -14.5. Overall Width - Side to Side: -13. Overall Depth - Front to Back: -14.5.
- Adjustable Thermostat with HIGH and LOW Setting. A dynamically 8 inch fan provide maximum air flow with minimum turbulence and noise, gently distributes warmth through your area
This electric heater is great for those that are caught in a budget crunch. This item offers good power, a range of temperatures, and uses a standard connector. It is durable and uses a spiral sheath heating element for low sheath temperatures, which will offer dependable heat levels. It can be mounted on a wall or ceiling, and it has a sturdy steel construction. It only needs simple installation, and a professional isn’t required, just maybe an extra set of hands.
- DURABLE: Our electric heater is designed with heavy gauge steel treated with epoxy powder-coated finish to provide longevity and corrosion resistance
- ADJUSTABLE: Includes bracket that allows ceiling or wall-mounting, plus swivel and pivot to direct heat where it is most needed
- SAFE: This heater includes an automatic overheat protection to ensure safe operation
This strong electric heater has a stainless-steel heating element, along with a powerful motor to deal with temperature fluctuations. It has a bracket for a ceiling and wall mount, plus a swivel so heat can be directed where it is needed. Its safety design includes an automatic overheat protection feature, so there is no chance of the area becoming too hot, and the in-built thermostat control and fan delay mean you can use the residual heat when it is shut off.
Best for Small Spaces: Dr Infrared Portable Space Heather
- Can heat up a large room with Auto Energy Saving Model With High and Low Feature. Tip-over protection and Overheat protection
- Dual Heating Systems featuring infrared quartz tube + PTC with 12hr automatic shut-off timer
- IR Remote Control, High Pressure Low Noise Blower with Noise level 39 dB super quiet. Heating can cover for a large room.
If your garage is smaller or well-insulated, you may not need a high-power heater, but one similar to a garage space heater. This model is a perfect type of electric heater for those spaces. Its source of heat is constant and can be set up to 85°F. It is a great way of electrical heating, with a programmable timer and adjustable thermostat so you can set your garage to the warmth you want. It meets all safety guidelines with built-in safety features, such as overheat protection and a shutoff called tip-over protection. Its compact design means it only weighs 19 lbs and has wheels, so it’s one of the portable garage heaters that can make things easy. You just plug it in, set the temperature range, and get to work at an ideal temperature.
NewAir NGH160GA00 120V Electric Portable Garage Heater
- Dont let winter put an end to your garage and workshop hobbies! The NewAir Portable Ceramic 120v Electric Garage Heater is built to last with a rugged shell that can stand up to tough conditions in any workspace.
- Thanks to its 120-volt plug, you can use this portable heater in any standard outlet so you can stay warm anywhere.
- This portable heater combines the efficiency of a ceramic heating plate with the power of a 200 CFM fan to deliver a steady stream of warm air to your work area.
Heavy-Duty Spot Heater for Garages.Don’t let winter put an end to your garage and workshop hobbies! The NewAir Portable Ceramic 120v Electric Garage Heater is built to last with a rugged shell that can stand up to tough conditions in any workspace.
Adjustable Heat Right Where You Need It Most. This portable garage heater features a convenient tilting head to spot-heat up to 160 square feet of personal space. Choose from two heat settings to control the power behind your heater. Plus, you can adjust the temperature to meet your exact heating needs.
Electric over Other Types of Heaters
People like electricity over other fuel sources because they are easy to connect, and it doesn’t require refilling or feeds. A propane heater, while a preferred fuel type, is not as convenient. It requires a fuel tank that needs to be refilled. A gas heater is similarly problematic. A gas garage heater needs a hookup to an external gas line, which is not always easily available. Both of these fuels need safety measures in place, as they run the risk of monoxide emissions and need proper venting, which can lead to more work for safety. If you want something more straightforward, then electric is the way to go.
Getting the Most from Electric Garage Heaters
Here are some helpful tips to get the most out of your garage heater:
- Use a built-in thermostat and comfort control to manage temperature so it shuts off when optimal heat is reached. This will save on electric bills and heater wear.
- Try and insulate your garage as best as possible so the heat doesn’t have to run all the time. Windows and doors that are drafty can counteract any garage heating progress the heating system is making.
- Make sure to use the electric heaters’ directional abilities to direct heat to where you are rather than unused areas of the garage. This will keep you warm where you are working without wasting power.
Choosing the best electric garage heater takes some research and has to take into consideration how big space is that you need to heat, whether you need a constant heat source, and what your budget is. There are lots of great options, but you want a heater that is not only efficient but safe. If your budget allows, look for one that has a remote control, automatic safety shut-off, and easy-to-use features.