If you are anything like us, you probably cannot imagine your childhood without Connect Four. Dropping those discs down the slide and watching them destroy your opponent is the result of many brother-based arguments. Here are the three best giant connect four lawn games to encourage backyard fun.
It’s also pretty fun, especially when you consider that they now make giant games of Connect Four. If you are looking for a unique way to make your backyard a fun space, here are three of the best backyard connect four games you can buy.
Table of Contents
The Three Best Giant Connect Four Lawn Games for You
- ECR4Kids Jumbo 4-to-Score – The Longest Lasting One that’s Easy to Transport
- GoSports Giant Wooden 4 in a Row Game – Closest to that classic “Connect Four” look.
- Yard Games Store Giant 4 Connect in a Row – Comes with a Carrying Case
ECR4Kids Jumbo 4-to-Score – The Longest Lasting One
Four-to-Score, the “off-brand” version of Connect Four, is just as good as the old brand. ECR4Kids reminds us of this with a convenient set of rings made of high-quality plastic. The game pieces are easy to grip, which makes them suitable for grabbing.
The design is unique, and the rings are easy to store with nearby rods on either end. It also comes in both red and blue colors, making them present regardless of what lawn you have. However, the design is more suitable for kids, so if you’ve ever wanted to see what you looked like as a giant toddler, now would be your opportunity.
The set linked here also comes with the option of bundling with Topping Tower, which is giant Jenga (bootleg edition). The thoughtful design also breakdown easily into a transport tote. ECR4Kids has the most convenient version of this massive game with the childlike wonder and clever design of disc storage.
|If you are looking for a bundle deal of both giant Connect Four and Jenga.||The design of this model is for kids.|
|If you want something that includes an easy-to-use carrying case.||It is more expensive than other comparable models.|
|If you want a version of Connect Four that thought of where to put the discs when you are finished.|
|Best Giant Connect Four Lawn Games Reviews|
GoSports Giant Wooden 4 in a Row Game – Closest to that classic “Connect Four” Look
GoSports is another option for getting that Connect Four to feel without looking like a giant toddler. The design is sleek, wood, and comes both in a white and dark stain finish. As a result, you won’t have a series of corporate events where you find out which of your bosses breaks down first and decides to forgo appearances for entertainment.
Seriously though, this would be a great addition to any outdoor work gatherings; it is a fun game as one of the party classics. Including this among your backyard games is an excellent way to break the ice with coworkers or weird cousins. The tactile sensation of the familiar red and blue discs makes this the perfect match of strategy.
This option also offers a more cost-effective variant which comes in three different sizes. It comes anywhere from two feet to four feet wide. GoSports has selected the right color of checkers, making this the closest among the three options.
|It is closest to the classic design of Connect Four.||You will need to place the colored discs on a nearby table.|
|It has a range of sizes to ensure you have options among your favorite tall giant game.||The discs falling down the board are loud.|
|It has a great carrying case.|
|Best Giant Connect Four Lawn Games Reviews|
Yard Games Store Giant 4 Connect in a Row – Comes with a Carrying Case
With three different products, you can find slightly different names for the classic game. Copyright problems aside, this Connect Four is about as close as the other options. It’s also the least expensive option on the list.
The result is that some of the chips overlap, not lining up the discs with each other. However, this varies from game board to game board, so that quality control can be a problem with these more oversized items. Granted, Amazon’s customer service and the Yard Game Store works with these issues.
The size is about three feet wide, and it works well as a 2-player game but is an excellent addition to family gatherings. To get an inexpensive conversation starter for your backyard, this is a beautiful addition to your home.
|Great for those looking to save money with this purchase.||Quality control can be a small problem.|
|It has tactile blue and red color checkers.||The color checkers can overlap, sometimes ruin the game.|
|It is easy to set up and has an excellent carrying case.|
|Best Giant Connect Four Lawn Games Reviews|
What You Need To Know Before Buying a Giant Connect Four Game
When looking for giant yard games, here are some areas worth being aware of:
Wood or Plastic – Which is Better?
Wood or plastic, which is a better material for outdoor toys? The answer to that question depends on a couple of things:
- Wood materials for your yard can be a beautiful design focus. Some coatings may be water-resistant, but the air’s moisture can impact the condition of the wood.
- Many plastics are naturally water-resistant, but you still have to be careful about keeping them out in inclement weather.
Certain coatings on wood can make them resistant, as they may match the materials of what’s on your deck.
What are Some Other Backyard Board Games I Could Play?
If you find yourself getting a minor addiction to giant games, here are some other options you can purchase alongside these:
- Toppling Tower / Jenga: The ECR4Kids model comes with a version that includes Toppling Tower. Giant Jenga has lighter blocks and is incredibly fun, so that’s a great addition to big game night.
- Giant Dominoes: Giant dominoes aren’t typically suitable for stacking and toppling over in bulk. However, those who enjoy a classic game of dominoes will appreciate this addition.
- Giant Checkers: Giant checkers are a unique addition to your vast game night. You can reverse this board to play Tic-Tac-Toe.
- Giant Twister: One of the most underrated versions of a vast game is Giant Twister. While you might have to become a Stretch Armstrong at some moments, it’s a great game for large groups.
- Curling: GoSports also offers Shuffleboard and Curling for your backyard. While it technically isn’t a giant version of a small game, it’s still a unique conversation starter.
What Types of Games Should Go for a Fun Backyard Experience?
If you are looking for games that aren’t too distracting, try and keep these tips in mind:
- Try and get a game that isn’t too distracting and competitive. For example, Cornhole is a popular backyard game because people don’t care much about the skill levels.
- Get a backyard game that gathers a crowd. Things like Giant Connect Four aren’t too competitive but still can gather a group of interested people.
- See if you can’t get a game that is easy to include teams. Connect Four can consist of groups if you want to stretch it.
These Giant Games are Too Big for My Kids – What Can I Do?
At four feet, some younger kids will have difficulty putting your rings away. To address this issue, ECR4Kids has a junior version that you can purchase. You can also consider investing in a stepstool to address the height difference.
Connect Four also offers your kids the opportunity to improve motor skills. Connect Four is typically for ages six and up, but younger kids can enjoy them with greater ease when using larger disks.
How Do I Store These Giant Board Games?
The biggest problem you have with giant board games is finding a place to store them. Thankfully, the Connect Four board games we select have included carrying cases. But more giant lawn games need to follow these quick tips:
- For board games made of sensitive materials, your ultimate goal is to store them inside of a cool, dry area. A garage of an insulated shed is an excellent example of this.
- Place them inside of other layers if possible. These include carrying cases, totes, or whatever you have available.
- Make sure that you keep their structural integrity whenever possible. Don’t bend these games into corners. Not bending becomes especially important when you have DIY cardboard games, as those are easily destroyed.
Ideas for What You Can do When Playing Jumbo Board Games
If you are struggling to come up with ideas for what to do while playing these games, here are some extra outdoor activities you can include with giant board games:
- Consider a cookout where you can invite the neighborhood. Giant board games are a great way to break the ice with people in your area.
- Giant Connect-4 is a perfect game for you to take to the local park. With a family outing, you can take your game to a place where you and your kids can attract new friends.
- Offer to bring your giant board games to company events. Corporate outings are a great way to encourage your co-workers to communicate with you.
Don’t limit yourself to the situations above; you can find any excuse to bring these games with you.
Best Giant Yard Game Brands
We reviewed a lot of notable companies today. Here are some of the brands we reviewed:
- ECR4Kids is a company known for its driving passion for helping child care providers. Their mission is to make every day brighter for educators, parents, and kids.
- GoSports is an Irvine, CA-based company known for producing sports products and outdoor lawn games. They have a strong emphasis on customer service with their Irvine, CA-based customer service team.
- YardGames is a company founded in 2008. Kubb, the Scandanavian yard game, initially inspired the company. The founder and president, Kevin Muellerleide, made them in their garage to start; the rest is history.
All of these three companies produce unique backyard play activities.
|Giant Lawn Games||Title||Price||Prime||Review|
|ECR4Kids-ELR-12507 Jumbo 4-to-Score Giant Game Set||Prime||See Reviews On Amazon|
|GoSports Giant Wooden 4 in a Row Game||Prime||See Reviews On Amazon|
|Giant 4 Connect in a Row with Carrying Case and Stained and Finished Legs and Frame||Prime||See Reviews On Amazon|
|ECR4Kids ELR-12521 Jumbo 4-to-Score Giant Game Set, Backyard Games||Prime||See Reviews On Amazon|
|ArtCreativity 28PC Jumbo Wooden Dominoes Set with Carrying Bag||Prime||See Reviews On Amazon|
|SWOOC Games - 2-in-1 Reversible Giant Checkers & Tic Tac Toe Game ( 4ft x 4ft )||Prime||See Reviews On Amazon|
|Blindfolded Twister Game||Prime||See Reviews On Amazon|
|GoSports Shuffleboard and Curling 2 in 1 Table Top Board Game with 8 Rollers||Prime||See Reviews On Amazon|
Giant Connect Four FAQs
Below are some questions you might have about making and managing giant lawn games in your backyard:
How Do I Make Sure I Have Enough Room for these Backyard Board Games?
To ensure you have enough space for your backyard games, you need to measure with consideration to two areas:
- Make sure you have enough room for your game. Measurements of your games will be part of the product description.
- Be sure you also have enough room for you, your friends, or your family to move around.
For games like giant Jenga, make sure you measure out the block stack with an awareness of where it might fall. In this case, it’s always better to overestimate.
How Do I Do A DIY Giant Connect Four?
Do build your own DIY set; you can choose either wood or cardboard. However, cardboard won’t last more than a few plays, so consider investing in wood tools for this project.
When working on this DIY project, you want to keep the following in mind:
- You will need two 2×4-foot panels of plywood to cut the discs. Using this building guide will mean that each hole will need to be about five inches wide.
- You will need a separate piece of similar plywood for five-inch pieces, but the holes on your plywood should only be about four inches.
- There should be square dowels between each of the circles to ensure that your discs do not roll off to random areas.
Familiarize yourself with how a standard Connect-4 game is built before tackling this sort of project. If needed, you should be ready and willing to take it apart while defining what pieces of wood you need for the DIY project.
If you think this might be complicated, stick with one of the options above.
Giant Four-to-Score is an excellent and fun conversation starter. It isn’t too challenging and competitive, making it easy to get into. Our favorite is the ECR4Kids Jumbo 4-to-Score due to the easy storage rods.
If you are looking for something that looks closer to the classic version of Connect-4, stick with the latter two options. All of these are pretty high quality and represent a great piece of childhood.
If you enjoyed any of the games on this list, we would thank you for clicking on the affiliate links in this article. Those links allow us to continue to produce reports to help people out with their backyard fun projects. Thanks for reading!