Bunk beds are freakin’ awesome. They’re perfect for siblings who need to share a room and share some personal time.
They’re even great and stylish for adult roommates living in a small space. No shame. We all love bunk beds.
But what do you do if you have a small room? You need a bunk bed that’s not going to take up the entire room. It needs to save you space in your bedroom but keep its’ cool factor.
We curated a list of the best bunk beds for a small room.
Material: This twin-over-full bunk bed from DHP is made from heavy-duty metal.
Colors: It comes in black, silver, and white.
Size: It fits a twin on the top bunk. The bottom bunk fits a full-sized mattress.
Ladder: It includes 2 integrated ladders, one on each side.
Weight Limit: The top bunk can hold up to 200 pounds. The bottom bunk can hold up to 450 pounds.
Dimensions: 78 inches by 56.5 inches by 61.5 inches
- It’s high-quality at an affordable price.
- It’s designed to save space in any room.
- They designed and built it with safety in mind.
- The heavy-duty metal it’s made out of makes it durable. It’s going to take a lot to break this bunk bed down.
- The metal bunk bed is super easy to assemble. Almost anybody can put it together alone.
- We love it comes with a ladder on both sides. The top bunk is even more accessible.
- Several buyers have received it through delivery with damage.
- The paint on the metal bars chips off.
Our Rating: 3 and a half stars out of 5 stars
Material: WE Furniture’s twin bunk bed is made of solid and sturdy wood, instead of metal.
Colors: It comes in a nice neutral gray that will match the decor in most bedrooms, despite the color scheme.
Size: Both of the bunks can hold twin-sized mattresses. The trundle bed can hold a twin-sized mattress as well.
Ladder: It has an integrated and safe ladder to get to the top bunk.
Weight Limit: Both bunks can hold up to 250 pounds.
Dimensions: 44 inches by 80 inches by 62 inches
- It’s super easy twin bunk to put together in the comfort of your home.
- It’s constructed of high-quality and strong wood. This twin bunk is going to last quite awhile.
- It comes with wood slats with added strength and sturdiness. You don’t need a box spring for any of the mattresses.
- The trundle bed is great for your kids’ sleepovers. Now, nobody will have to sleep on the ground when there’s more than 2 of them. This bed gives you more sleeping space, someone can sleep on the trundle.
The tall front cover to the trundle bed is big enough to hide away the mattress and bedding from view.
- Since each bunk can hold up to 250 pounds, you can fit even more kids without worrying about anyone getting hurt.
- It leaves a sour smell that takes a week or so to disappear.
- Anyone on the taller side isn’t able to sit on the bottom bunk. The top bunk sits too low. It’s pretty much only made for children.
Our Rating: 4 stars out of 5 stars
Material: This triple bunk bed from Dorel Living is made of wood.
Colors: It comes in a beautiful mocha color.
Size: All three bunks fit twin-sized mattresses.
Ladder: It comes with 2 integrated ladders. The first ladder leads to the very top of the bunk bed and the second ladder leads to the middle bunk.
Weight Limit: All 3 bunks can hold 165 pounds.
Dimensions: 79.25 inches by 43.5 inches by 79.25 inches
- It’s made of high-quality wood instead of the usual metal. It’s solid construction.
- You can take this triple bunk bed apart and make 3 free-standing beds.
- It’s made for a small space or a small bedroom.
- The bunk bed is perfect for children who love to throw sleepovers with their friends.
- There have been quite a few buyers receiving a damaged bunk bed or no hardware needed to set it up.
- There are too few bentwood slats and the gaps are much too wide. The support could be a little bit better.
- Also because of the lack of support, you’ll have to use a bunkie board. Again, the support of the bentwood slats could be better.
- It doesn’t take much to nick the wood on the bunk bed.
Our Rating: 3 and a half stars out of 5 stars
Material: The bunk bed is constructed of sturdy and solid wood.
Colors: It comes in a perfect white finish or a deep brown.
Size: The top bunk is twin-sized. And the bottom bed fits a full-sized mattress.
Ladder: Instead of a ladder for this bunk bed, it has a staircase. It can be set on either side of the bunk bed.
Dimensions: 103 inches by 58.38 inches by 68.13 inches
- The wood that this bunk bed is made from is high-quality and tough.
- It’s 100% lead-free.
- The staircase to this bunk bed is cute and adds a fun touch to it. It’s placed on either side of the bunk bed too. And it’s a little bit safer than using a ladder.
- It can hold a mattress up to 9 inches thick.
- The paint peels and scratches.
- It’s not easy to attach the stairs to either side of the bunk bed. It takes some work.
- The staircase is a little steep. It’s not suitable for any kids under 5 years old.
Our Rating: 4 and a half stars out of 5 stars
These are some of the best on the market.