Table of Contents
Create a custom Journal cover that has healing benefits. Doodling, Coloring, and zentangle, have been proven to have healing benefits to the mind and body. This post will guide you to combine all the methods to create a DIY Gratitude Journal Cover with healing benefits.
I will show you a few elements, flowers, leaves, vines, and zentangle in the video. These are just a guide to hopefully inspire you to come up with some of your own ideas and further grow your skills. Doodling, coloring and zentangle on the outside of your journal hopefully will give you the feeling of accomplishment and relax your mind enough to write on the inside of your journal. Be sure to see our followup post on effective methods of Gratitude Journaling.
Benefits of Doodling
- Doodling Helps You Concentrate.
- Doodling Can Help Spur Creative Insight.
- Doodling Can Help Process Emotions.
- Doodling Alleviates Stress.
- Doodling Can Be A Creative Outlet.
- Doodling Can Help You Learn Better.
- Doodling Helps Big-Picture Thinking.
Benefits of Coloring
- Coloring helps to clear your mind.
- Unplugging from technology and coloring promotes creation over consumption
- Coloring can reduce stress & cortisol levels.
- Coloring helps your brain meditate and experience relief.
- Coloring may help you sleep better.
- It can help with mental health issues.
- Helps focus.
- Helps focus on the moment
- Encourages creativity.
- Outlet to express yourself.
Benefits and Uses of the Zentangle Method
- Simple and quick access to mindfulness
- Non-verbal journalling
- Insomnia (Improved sleep by creating Zentangle art before bedtime)
- Panic attacks (For fear of flying, creating Zentangle art during takeoff and landing)
- Modify behavior
- Being part of a supportive and fun community
- Create beautiful works of art