This tutorial for Suncatcher is a fun project that will brighten your windows. Learn more about DIY suncatchers.
Use plastic from a container in your refrigerator or pantry or from your office supplies. I used a lid to a bulk salad container.
- Plain Paper or Print out of design
- Pencil or pen
- Black Sharpie
- Colorful Sharpies
Step by Step
- The first step is to cut the plastic into the desired shape.
- Trace the shape onto the paper
- Draw pattern or Print out the desired pattern from online etc.
- place Plastic shape over pattern, tape edges if needed
- Trace pattern with black Sharpie
- Turn plastic over
- Color the opposite side of suncatcher without the black sharpie (so the black marker and color do not smudge)
- Let dry
- Tape in window
Suncatchers have been used by many to bring good Feng Shui into the home or workplace. Suncatchers take the positive energy of the sun and energize the area by spreading that light around in the form of rainbows and flecks of light. Enjoy doing this DIY suncatchers to add some décor to your window glass.