It’s not a secret that electric space heaters aren’t one of the most energy-efficient ways to heat your home but did you know that there are energy efficient electric heaters on the market? By using one that’s more efficient, you not only make an effort to reduce your energy consumption but you also save money in the long run. We’re going to take a look at our pick for the seven most energy efficient electric heaters on the market so you can make the smarter, more eco-friendly choice.
This lightweight heater is not only energy efficient with an adjustable room thermostat but it’s also aesthetically pleasing – think a slimmer version of a small, old fashioned TV. This model is lightweight, portable, and can easily be wheeled from room to room. While it can also be wall mounted, it should be noted that the back of this panel gets hot. The DeLonghi HMP 1500 delivers fanless heat distribution through its Mica-Thermic technology, making sure that you’re as comfortable as possible. While safety is a general concern for this type of heater, a thermal shutoff function and tip-over switch prevent overheating. This tip-over switch automatically shuts off if the heater is knocked over while also sounding an alarm.
- Adjustable room thermostat with multiple heat settings
- Includes Mica-Thermic technology for fanless heat distribution
- 1500W of maximum heating power with a low setting of 750W
- Option of mounting to the wall (hardware included)
- Lightweight, portable, and compact
- Safety thermal cut-off
- Performs with no added noise of fan
- Heats rooms up to 300 square feet
Looking for an energy efficient space heater that generates warm air within the first three seconds of turning on? Look no further than this portable ceramic heater by Tenergy. This small heater looks like your typical space heater but it contains features that are certainly above average. The Tenergy Ceramic Heater has two settings, 900W and 1500W, the lower of which is higher than average for most space heaters. It also has a built-in thermostat that prevents both overheating and the use of unnecessary energy. The Tenergy Ceramic Heater also contains a 15-degree fan so you can tilt the hot air in whatever direction you like. While this heater should not be used as a primary source of heat in your home, it can supplement an entire room of up to 170 square feet.
- Front intake air design allowing the heater to be placed against a wall without issue
- Fan disburses hot air at double the rate of a standard heater, 4.5m/s (14.5ft/s)
- Features 2 heat options of fan-only/low-heat (750W) and high-heat (1500W)
- Recommended for a room size of no more than 170 square feet
- Adjustable thermostat
- Automatic shut-off for overheating
- Contains smart trip-over technology, triggering automatic shut-off on any type of flooring
- 2-year extended warranty and lifetime support included
The De’Longhi Tower Ceramic Heater contains an EcoEnergy function that provides up to 40% energy savings. Although this seems to be similar to a regular thermostat, De’Longhi’s EcoEnergy function saves energy by adjusting its heat and power settings automatically for the most comfortable and economical warmth. This lightweight portable space heater quickly heats up medium to large-sized rooms. Another bonus of the De’Longhi Tower Ceramic Heater is its Silent System which reduces the noise by half when compared to earlier De’Longhi models, regardless of the fact that it includes a fan.
- Minimum, Boost, and EcoEnergy heat options
- Digital control panel with LCD display for ease of use
- 24-hour timer with a full-function remote control
- Contains side to side motorized oscillation to expand the air’s reach within the room
- Fast and powerful spot heating while still safe with the ceramic heating element
- Thermal shut off to prevent overheating with an internal tip-over switch
- Contains a Heat Badge that indicates when the heater becomes hot to the touch
If you’re looking for an electric heating system that can also double as a cooling unit, the Dyson AM09 Fan Heater may be the one for you. This feature makes the product more versatile than most electric heaters on the market with its ability to quickly heat up a room in the winter and cool it down in the summer using its powerful fan to reach the desired temperature. The Dyson AM09 contains a thermostat to adjust the temperature according to the room – therefore, you do not waste unnecessary energy heating a room that doesn’t need to be heated.
- Year-round use
- Patented Air Multiplier technology that projects hot or cold air into the room depending on your preferences
- Intelligent thermostat system for no wasted energy
- Safe to touch even when running with no exposed heating elements and no fast-spinning blades
- Designed to turn off if tipped over
- Quiet Mark accreditation
- Magnetized remote
- Sleep timer
- Temperature settings of 33 to 99°F
Looking for a space heater that is both energy efficient and has the look of a fireplace in a box? Then the Crane USA Fireplace Space Heater may be for you. The look of this heater is certainly unique compared to traditional space heaters as it contains a front window to showcase the realistic-looking fireplace. But don’t worry, there’s no actual fire going on in there. This space heater contains three settings: glow, low (750W) and high (1500). Despite the realistic looking flames, you don’t need to worry about the exterior of this portable electric heater getting too warm and you can easily carry it from room to room.
- Contains 2 heat settings of low (750W) and high (1500) with an option for a glow only setting to simply enjoy the look of the embers
- Comes in 3 colors: red, white, and black
- Stays cool to the touch while providing efficient heat
- Just 15” tall and easily portable
- Heats a room up to 300 square feet
This Infrared Electric Heater by LifeSmart manages to look both modern and old fashioned at the same time. It is uniquely designed to look like an oak cabinet. This is a great pick when it comes to a silent, energy-efficient space heater. This infrared space heater has three settings: 1000W, 15000W, and Eco at just 500W. The infrared heating of this heater aims the projected heat directly at people and objects so you’re not wasting unnecessary energy by heating the air around you.
- 3 heat settings – 1000W, 15000W, and Eco
- Quartz heating mechanism keeps device silent
- 12-hour start and stop timer
- Digital thermostat display with remote control
- Lifetime washable air filter
- Ideal for a medium-sized room
- Lightweight and easy to transport from room to room
Although this electric heater is classified as an “oil heater”, don’t let those words scare you – even though it is an oil filled heater, it never needs refilling. So, no additional maintenance required by you! This room heater by Homeleader has three heat settings – 600W, 900W, and 1500W – and allows you to set the temperature from a range of 59°F to 95°F. These settings provide both powerful and efficient heating for a medium or large room in need of constant heat. This unit also provides efficient heating by remaining hot even after it switches off due to the oil inside. Having said that, it still has a Cool Touch surface so you can be sure that this heater is a safe option for your home.
- Oil-filled for extended efficient heating
- Easy to use with LED display and remote control
- Thermal cut-off, tip-over switch, and Cool Touch surface for safety
- 3 heat settings of 600W, 900W, and 1500W
- Castors and carry handle provide portability
- Anti-freeze setting for the prevention of freezing pipes
- Temperature range of 59°F to 95°F
- 12-month warranty
Electric Heaters: An Energy Efficient Option?
We confirm that electric heaters can be an energy efficient option for your home. Choosing an electric heater with multiple heat settings (preferably with a low, eco-friendly option) and a thermostat makes a massive difference in terms of your heater’s efficiency. If you’re looking to heat a small to medium sized room, you do not need to rule out space heaters as an efficient and cost-effective option.