Table of Contents
If there is one season that looks designed for outdoor play, it has to be spring: the weather is warm, but not oppressively so.
Spring days tend to be longer, which gives us more time for finding fun after hours.
This season also brings back long weekends into our schedule, which only contributes to the general cheery moods that we all tend to develop after March rolls around.
However, this new energy can quickly go sour if you don’t find an outlet for it. If you don’t have any plans for a fun outdoor activity schedule, it’s also very easy to watch the season slip by without enjoying it.
Here, the key is to have something to motivate you into going outside!
So what are some fun things to do outside in your backyard in spring?
The answer includes reviving old classic childhood games like hopscotch or Frisbee and inventing new challenges that will allow you to express your creativity.
This Spring, Revive Old Classics with Your Family
|Fun Things to Do Outside in Your Backyard In Spring||Product Information||Check Price|
|Top Top||Hopscotch Kids Rug||Check Price|
|Top Top||Three Donkeys Machine Washable Extra Large Picnic & Beach Blanket||Check Price|
|Top Top||Perantlb Portable Ninja Slackline Monkey Bar & Ladder Intro Kit||Check Price|
|Top Top||Dynamic Discs Judge Disc Golf Putter Five Pack||Check Price|
|Top Top||Amazon Basics Cylinder Jump Rope, Black||Check Price|
|Top Top||Creativity for Kids Hide & Seek Rock Painting Kit||Check Price|
There is a special joy in coming back to old classic games from your childhood. For starters, there will be no need to watch any video tutorials explaining the rules – you will just need to dive into your memory banks.
These are all kid-friendly activities, but they can help the adults in the family revive simpler times.
Some old childhood classics that can occupy your spring afternoons include:
- Adorn your son or daughter’s bedroom with this extremely fun hopscotch themed play rug that will have your child laughing and playing non-stop for everlasting fun and enjoyment!
- Designed to look super nice and bring out the playful energy out of your child, this mat will fit in beautifully with your child’s existing décor for a perfect fit that looks absolutely lovely.
- Get your kid a rug that you can rest assured is 100% safe and cozy for your child to play on! Your child will never miss a beat of fun with this super comfortable play rug.
Jumping over sidewalk chalk lines while attempting a rhyme has a universal appeal.
Hopscotch is not just a timeless game, but it also exists all around the world (it is called escargot in France, Kith-Kith in India, Rayuela in South America, and Tumatu in Ghana). Do you remember the rules?
The ultimate speed classic, a good game of tag will quickly tire everyone out and so it should be followed by snacks.
This is also very easy to play in a backyard or a quiet street – but don’t forget to watch out for any cars!
Hide and Seek
Less frantic than Tag, Hide and Seek can be won through speed or wit. This game often benefits from slightly wider spaces than your backyard – so if you are playing with adults, you can also try to take it to your local park.
- CHANODUG blanket is made of THREE LAYERS, sturdy 190T polyester fabric on the top, 80G soft sponge layer in middle and waterproof 210D oxford bottom.
- This picnic blanket is machine washable due to its cotton fixing processing,or you could easily shake & wipe off dirt, mud, wet grass, and beach sand.
- Our CHANODUG humanized and attractive outdoor blanket is of creative red & white grids/color tripe/flowers design,this is fashion forward and sure to impress family & friends as you have lunch at a picnic
The ultimate budget date activity, picnic dates can be especially romantic during the spring.
This is because the “golden hour” tends to make everything look beautiful during the afternoons. Just prepare a basket, a blanket, and a few snacks before spending a few hours cloud-gazing and smooching.
Get Your Heart Pumping!
Spring is a good season to leave behind your wintery hibernating habits. Whether you are looking to prepare your beach body or just to destress, these activities will serve you well:
- The Ninja Slackline was designed for versatility. Learn to train like a Ninja Warrior, create your own backyard gym. Build core and overall strength and increase self confidence.
- Perantlb Monkey Line Obstacle Course is made of very durable slackline webbing and ratchet webbing, that can hold up to 440lbs.
- Our product can be quickly and safely set up almost anywhere. All you need is two mature trees, pillars, beams or bars which are 10-35ft apart and can withstand a minimum force of 2200 pounds.
Kids love a good obstacle course! And naturally, so will most adults if you design it with appropriate challenges and an enticing prize at the end.
Just take any random objects or spare boxes around your garage and have everyone jump, crawl and dodge them in a set order.
If your family includes dogs, make sure to include them too.
- The Dynamic Discs Judge Disc Golf Putter was named the 2013 Disc of the Year in the Players Choice Awards for its incredibly predictable flight and its relentless pursuit of disc golf basket chains
- The Dynamic Discs Judge features flight rating of Speed: 2 Glide: 4 Turn: 0 Fade: 1 provide a reliable and predictable flight with enough glide to be thrown off of the disc golf tee pad and enough stability to fight winds
- The Dynamic Discs Judge is a fantastic throwing disc golf putter. This disc golf putter will fly straight while combining the ability to handle high speeds without fading. Incredibly predictable in flying and hitting the chains
Do people still play with Frisbees? If not, they definitely should start doing so again. Frisbees are a great excuse for crazy sprints and an impromptu Physics lesson.
- Cylinder jump rope for quickly integrating high-intensity cardio training into any workout
- Weighted handles allow for building muscle while jump roping, which burns calories, enhances coordination, and tones legs, glutes, shoulders, arms, and core
- Length can be easily adjusted to accommodate different users
At first glance, nothing is exciting about jumping rope – it’s just something that all these 30-day fitness challenges are trying to convince us into doing every day.
However, some variations of jumping rope can offer a more social, competitive challenge.
For example, skipping (also known as Chinese jumping rope or French skipping) will offer you an increasingly harder challenge that combines agility and dexterity.
Use Your Mind as Well As Your Hands
If your idea of a fun outdoor activity calls for a more relaxed atmosphere, you may want to experiment with complex mind challenges and crafting projects instead.
- Spread kindness and positivity by painting and hiding rocks throughout your community for others to find. Just add imagination for endless creative fun!
- 10 rocks for painting are included in this arts and craft kit! This intro to rock painting kit is great for adult beginners and kids alike. Everything you need need to paint, decorate and hide 10 rocks is included
- Hide your painted rocks outdoors! The Hide and Seek Rock Painting kit includes 8 waterproof paint colors, paint brush, rock transfer designs and tracking stickers perfect for beginner rock painting
Adding a row of painted rocks to your backyard can simply be about the esthetic appeal.
However, if you want to combine colors and arrangements, you can also use them to create temporary art installations right at home.
Look up any free printable templates for spiral-like or nature-inspired patterns.
- Start the game and place five pucks on each side of the board. Slide both ends of the elastic band into the side grooves so that they snap into place. Whoever clears the board first wins.
- Solid wood frame and wooden play pieces. More durable and environmentally friendly than other cheap materials, Beautiful and Long-lasting play.
- This is a Fast paced action game, Improves your child hand-eye coordination, Strengthens fine motor skill extending the childs focus，Attract kids and stay away from electronics.
Although board games are usually thought of as a “rainy day” activity, there is often nothing stopping you from taking them outside.
If you have a picnic table or a gazebo in your backyard, use this opportunity for a change of scenery.
Nature scavenger hunt
Instead of a traditional treasure search, a nature scavenger hunt will give you a chance to get your hands dirty and learn about nature. This is also a great opportunity to get a large group of kids to entertain themselves.
Just give them some gloves, Ziploc bags, and a magnifying glass before sending them to collect specimens around your garden.
This can include leaves or flowers (which you can press later) or a bug hunt (although you should release the little ones afterwards).
Build a bird feeder
If you derive joy and bragging rights from working with your hands, try taking up a new carpentry project.
Bird feeders will provide home and nourishment for local species, which will allow you to admire or sketch them later on.
Spring is an ideal time to set one up, as this is their mating season – so they will be looking for gifts to impress their fellow winged creatures.
For most people, the arrival of spring marks a renewed desire to spend some time outdoors. On this list, we have included activities for kids and adults alike.
Many of these combine an opportunity for exercise with the chance to learn something new.
Planning something special can help the entire family feel engaged with each other, as they will be all looking forward to what you are plotting.
Sometimes, you may want to just lie back and rest with a good book. For those days, why not take a look at these super hanging chairs?