In the niche of versatile kitchen appliances, the Bella oven has quickly gained a rightly-earned place among the top premium options available online.
Sleek and roomy, this toaster oven will let you toast, bake, broil or warm anything between slices of bread to personal pizzas or mini pies.
While versatility is an expected feature of any toaster oven, the Bella also offers a few extra perks: first, it is quite spacious.
Where most competitors force you to squeeze a second bagel almost on top of the first one, Bella’s baking pan will easily fit up to 4 slices of pizza at once – you just need to know a bit of geometry.
Second, the Bella has a sleek and pleasant design, with fewer knobs and simplified controls.
But can you have so many different cooking options with just two dials? The answer is yes. In this article, we will show you how to use a Bella Toaster Oven so you can explore all the different possibilities it provides.
How to Use Your Bella Toaster Oven
- Healthier than a microwave, this toaster oven will quickly and evenly cook a 9 inch pizza, flatbreads, toast, bagels, appetizers and finger foods in just minutes
- Take the guess work out of cooking with the featured toast, bake and broil settings. Also, includes warm to 450 degrees so you can reach perfect results every time
- 100 watt Quartz element preheats the oven quickly so your food is ready faster
The Bella toaster oven is remarkably easy to use, once you know where everything goes! Learn how to use it step by step.
Understand the functions
Before getting started with your new purchase, it’s important to know the different parts of your new oven.
When you look at it upfront, the most prominent feature of this oven is its large glass door. Behind it, you will find three different racks where you can slide the baking pan in.
On the top and the bottom of the main box, there are two sets of quartz heating elements. Right between the bottom rack and the bottom heating element, you will also see a removable crumb tray.
Outside the main box, you will find two separate dials. The top one is the temperature dial, although it also offers the following settings: “toast bake broil bagel”.
- Toast: This mode uses both heating elements, but at the lowest possible temperature. It allows you to toast a slice of bread evenly from both sides at once.
- Bagel: This mode uses a similar temperature as “toast” but from the top only. It’s perfect for grating and melting cheese.
- Oven: This mode offers stronger, adjustable heat from both heating elements. It can roast a meal completely.
- Broil: Although it offers a similar temperature range as the Oven mode, the “broil” setting only uses the top heating element.
- Warm: This offers an intermediate heat setting from both heating coils. It’s perfect for dealing with frozen foods without overcooking anything.
The second dial is a timer. You will see the number of minutes alongside it, from 10 to 30. In addition, the start of the dial also has two small slices of bread drawn on it: one light and one dark.
These icons are for toast and bagel modes only and will let you choose how dark you want your toast or bagel
Set it up safely
The Bella toaster oven comes already assembled and almost ready to use. Before you can start cooking for the first time, just check the following:
- Discard all the plastic wrapping, including the protecting film on top of the glass
- Place the toaster oven on a flat, even counter
- Connect the toaster oven to a 120 V outlet. Make sure this outlet is not shared with another high-consumption appliance, such as an air fryer or microwave.
- Wash the removable racks, baking tray, and crumb tray in warm soapy water, and dry them thoroughly
- Slide the crumb tray inside the oven and make sure it’s well-supported.
- To use your toaster oven as a toaster, the first thing you’ll have to do is check that the bread crumb is inside.
- Then, insert your bread slices
- Turn the function (top) dial to the “Toast” position
- Select your toast color by twisting the dial somewhere between the two bread icons on the timer (between OFF and 10).
- Close back the oven and wait until the bell rings
If you’re in the mood for a topped bagel, or like the lower layer of your bread to stay soft, then you’ll need to use the Bagel Mode.
To do this, follow the same instructions as for making toast, with one difference: set the temperature dial to the “Bagel/Broil” position.
Using the oven mode
To use your toaster oven as an oven, you will need to adjust the settings slightly.
- First, place the crumb tray on the bottom rack.
- Then, twist the temperature dial to the desired temperature, in either Celsius or Fahrenheit
- Preheat the oven by twisting the timer all the way up to 10, and then push it back until it reaches the “dark toast” icon.
- Wait for a few minutes until the bell rings
- Then, open up the oven and place the food on the middle or top rack, on top of a baking tray.
- Twist the timer dial to the desired cooking time (check your original recipe for this)
- After the bell rings, make sure you put on oven mittens before removing the baking tray or your food.
The broiling mode on your toaster oven works the same way as the Oven or Bake mode. There are only two differences.
- First, you will need to set the temperature dial to the “Bagel/Broil” position.
- Second, after reheating, you will need to place the food in the broil rack (the top one).
Warming up food
The Warm-up food option uses a middle, but constant temperature setting. It works just like the Toast mode, as it needs no preheating.
- Place your food inside the oven
- Set the temperature dial on the “Warm” position
- Move the timer to the desired time (this will depend on the amount of food)
- Close the oven and wait for the bell to ring!
Clean up and enjoy
Bella toaster ovens are pretty easy to clean, but you will need to be careful: you don’t want to get any of the quartz heating elements, or the electrical connections, wet! Cleaning your toaster oven, especially the crumb tray, after each use will extend its life.
- After the meal’s done, let the oven cool completely
- Unplug the unit
- Remove the crumb tray carefully to avoid spilling any crumbs inside the oven
- Dispose of the crumbs
- Remove the other trays and racks
- Wash all trays in soapy water and let them dry
- Wipe the door using a moist cloth from the outside only
With the simple settings of toast, bake, broil, and warm, the Bella toaster oven can replace several kitchen appliances and clear up some valuable counter space.
You just need to remember how to set everything: twist a dial to toast a bagel and keep warm your dinner from the same corner of your kitchen.