Gardening could transform your front yard or even backyard for the better. You could create a beautiful landscape on your property just by gardening.
But you will need essential gardening tools to keep your garden neat and in pristine condition, not just for a picture-perfect look but also for an increased yield. Find out what are the 20 most common gardening tools.
What’s more, you don’t need a huge collection of gardening tools, but only need the essential ones.
This article will look at some of the essential gardening tools you might need for your gardening tasks. So, be sure to read on for more information.
|The 20 Most Common Gardening Tools||Product Information||Check Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top||DIGZ Gardener High Performance Women's Gardening Gloves||Check Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top||Flexi Hose with 8 Function Nozzle, Lightweight Expandable Garden Hose||Check Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top||Ashman Garden Hoe – Sturdy Hand Tiller||Check Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top||BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Sweeper||Check Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top||TACKLIFE Lawn Mower L9, 40V MAX 4.0Ah, Brushless Motor||Check Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top||Edward Tools Garden Trowel||Check Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top||ComfortGEL Gardening Fork||Check Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top||Yangbaga 63” Garden Leaf Rake||Check Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top||Hori Hori Garden Knife||Check Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top||Barbas & Zacári Stand-Up Weeder Root Removal Tool||Check Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top||BLACK+DECKER String Trimmer, Electric, 14-Inch||Check Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top||Jackson Professional Tools||Check Price|
|Top Top Top Top||Marathon Yard Rover – 2 Tire Wheelbarrow Garden Cart - Green/Black||Check Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top||VIVOSUN 6.5 Inch Gardening Hand Pruner Pruning Shear||Check Price|
|Top Top Top||Corona Stainless Steel Floral Scissors, 3 Inch Blade, FS 4000, Red||Check Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top||Husqvarna 599633501 Coarse Shears, 32", Grey||Check Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top||Corona RS 7265D RazorTOOTH Folding Pruning Saw||Check Price|
|Top Top Top Top||Stalwart Garden Tool Organizer||Check Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top||WORX WG896 12 Amp 7.5" Electric Lawn Edger & Trencher||Check Price|
|Top Top Top Top Top||Corona SL 3264 ComfortGEL Bypass Lopper||Check Price|
What Are Some of The Gardening Tools You Might Need?
- Digz | Designed with both function and fashion in mind, Digz merges exciting patterns and vibrant coastal colors with high-performance technology
- Digz Gardener High Performance Womens Gardening Gloves and Work Gloves are constructed from 4-way spandex providing comfort without compromising dexterity |Blue Leaves Pattern | Size: Large
- Touchscreen compatible fingertips allow you to use your phone without removing the gloves
Working on your garden with bare hands could result in irritated and sore hands. That’s because some plants, such as nettles, could cause irritation and soreness, especially when you’re pulling them with bare hands.
But gloves could protect your hands from injuries when handling thorny shrubs in your garden. As such, gardening gloves are one of the essential gardening tools that you need.
While you may not always have nettles and thorny shrubs in your garden to deal with, you still need gardening gloves to protect your hands. Using bare hands for long to pull shrubs from your garden increases your chances of getting injuries or sores.
Therefore, you should always wear gloves when removing weeds and caring for the plants in your garden.
Besides, gloves also protect your hands from dirt. But you will need to select them carefully. You should ensure your gloves fit perfectly. Also, they should be breathable to keep you comfortable throughout your gardening tasks.
And don’t forget to pay attention to the material since you also want your gloves to be durable. Once you’ve found your perfect gardening gloves, you’re ready to keep your garden neat for the whole neighborhood to envy!
- The Flexi Hose expandable garden hose automatically expands up to 3 times its original length with standard pressure when water is turned on and shortens to its length when the water is turned off
- Solid 3/4 inch brass connectors ensure the expanding garden water pipe fits the typical outdoor garden taps in the US
- The 3750D elastic outer fabric with 4 layers of latex protects the inner tube effectively from thorns, punctures, and sharp corners
As a gardener, you’re fully aware that plants need water as one of their necessities to grow. Although there are plenty of water sources for your plants, you can’t always rely on some, especially the rain.
Sometimes, you need to take matters into your hands and water the plants in your garden after you’ve completed removing weeds.
A garden hose will help you water your plants with ease. Once you’ve connected it to a faucet using a garden hose pipe connector, you can be sure to water all the plants in your garden.
If you like, you may also connect a watering wand or a gardening hose nozzle to the other end of the hose to help distribute the showers to all plants.
Besides, a watering wand ensures you spray all plants and not leave any plant ‘feeling thirsty.’ So, it’s an ideal accessory for use with a gardening hose. As usual, you want to select the right length to cover the entire garden’s dimensions. Make sure the hose is long enough to cover all the corners of your garden.
- The Ashman Garden Hoe is strong in construction so that it can withstand the heavy work at the garden. The blade and the shaft are coupled well for deep digging and uprooting the soil from the depths.
- The blades are razor sharp and are made to pierce into any kind of soil and to serve digging, loosening soil and weeding.
- The thoughtful design incorporated to shape the blades like tentacles helps dig deep into the soil and rip it from beneath. This helps a lot when weeding.
A garden hoe has many uses in a garden. First, you could use it to move soil around. It is one of those hand tools you will need to distribute soil to all plants. Second, you need a hoe to dig trenches for improving water drainage, especially in the rainy season.
Third, your garden hoe will prove to be a useful gardening tool when removing unwanted roots or removing weeds.
These are some of the uses for a garden hoe. As you can see, it is an essential tool for caring for the plants in your garden. You will also need your hoe when planting, digging, or cultivating the soil. Although there are various garden hoe types to choose from, you should consider your height before opting for a given type.
If you’re a tall person, what you need are the types with long handles. And a shorter person will need a hoe with a short handle. But you can be sure to find hoes that allow you to adjust their handles. They’re your best option, especially if you aren’t sure of your height.
Sharpness is yet another factor you will need to consider. Once you’ve sourced the best garden hoe, you’re ready to plant and weed your garden.
- Up to 125 miles per hour air power to quickly and easily clear debris from hard surfaces
- Low noise design for quiet operation
- State of charge indicator which shows your Battery charge at a glance
- Lightweight 4 lb design makes compact and easy to handle
A leaf blower is the gardening tool you need to remove leaves from your garden quickly. It cuts short the time you’d spend getting rid of leaves in your garden. But like most gardening tools, leaf blowers also need careful selection if you want the best performance for the best results.
You could choose petrol leaf blowers if you’re looking for heavy duty performance from these gardening tools since they’re more powerful. You also have the option of selecting electric (corded and cordless) leaf blowers. Select the model that excellently removes all the leaves from your garden.
- The battery powered lawn mower can run for 30+ mins in fully charged. The 40V MAX (36V rated) 4.0AH Lithium-ion battery (ASIN:B08CZKGYXS) provides a continuous mowing up to 2400sq ft without the smell of gasoline, perfect for small to medium lawns in your yard.
- BRUSHLESS MOTOR: 96 dB Low-noise. So you can mow without worrying about disturbing your family or neighbors! Compared with brush motors, the brushless motor has low-maintenance and cleaning.
- TIDY CUTTING: Equipped with a sharp steel blade, the lawn mower cordless cuts a crisp 16 wide path with precision in a single pass. 6 cutting heights could be selected range from 1-3 with a single lever for different seasons and preferences.
Sometimes, all you need is a good-looking garden. There are a few tricks to use to make your garden look good for the whole neighborhood to envy. One of them is trimming your lawn. And a lawnmower will be your gardening tool of choice in this case.
Of course, you have plenty of models to choose from – from manual modes, electric models, and gas-powered models. You could also choose a robot lawnmower to help you trim the lawn if you’re looking to have smart home automation.
Once you’ve trimmed the lawn, you won’t help but notice how neighbors envy your garden.
- Heavy Duty Carbon Steel is bend proof and break proof for confident digging in heavy clay or rocky soils
- Depth markers for easy measurement for more consistent planting or transplanting
- ErgoGrip with ergonomic rubber grip handle for comfortable use and better leverage in heavy / rocky soils
A hand trowel comes in handy when planting seeds in your garden. But a hand trowel doesn’t limit you to use it only when planting seeds or seedlings. You can also use this versatile gardening tool to dig out chunks of soil in small quantities, especially when removing tough weeds.
Also, a hand trowel is an indispensable gardening tool for caring for vegetable gardens. That’s because this gardening tool performs better than any other tool when working close to your vegetables.
With this miniature handheld tool, you can be sure to reach out tighter spaces between the vegetables. As such, it is one of the gardening tools you need, especially if you have vegetable gardens.
- Large reinforced square tang for maximum strength
- Welded joints
- Straight tines to break and mix up soil while avoiding damage to plants
- Finger guard protects hand during use
A gardening fork is a tool you need to break up hard and lumpy soil in your garden. The result is crumbly soil with a texture that young plants can thrive in when growing. Besides, hardened soil limits the growth of your plant’s roots, limiting the plant’s ability to absorb water and nutrients from the soil.
Therefore, a gardening fork is another essential gardening tool you need to care for the young plants in your garden.
- Made of lightweight stainless steel,the rake is flexible enabling the rake to get into every area.
- The total length of the rake can be adjusted to three different sizes:97cm/38”,130cm/51”,160cm/63”. The width of the 25tines rake is 44cm/17”.Long handle design(160cm).
- Snap buckle design, after adjusting the rake, turn it in the opposite direction to fix the rake,When you need to use rakes for outdoor camping activities.
You can be sure to find a few uses for leaf rakes: cleaning up fallen leaves in your yard, collecting trimmings and grass clippings. But the truth of the matter is different types of leaf rakes exist. One such type is a bow rake. A bow rake is your gardening tool of choice if you want to tamp the soil.
It is also ideal for spreading mulch, removing rocks from cultivated beds, and breaking up soil clods for your plants. As such, a bow rake could do more than cleaning up fallen leaves in your yard. You may also choose a shrub rake to clean up the tight spaces in your garden. Since a bow rake has metal tines, they are ideal for spreading mulch, just as we’ve already seen.
- Take your gardening skills to the next level with Black Irons Hori-Hori Garden Knife. It features a beveled edge for slicing and a serrated edge for cutting through tough roots, and a sturdy ergonomic handle for better grip and ease of use.
- Accomplish a wide variety of gardening tasks such as cutting, digging, weeding, pruning, and planting bulbs easily with this powerful gardening tool. It features a 7 inch blade and is made of 100% stainless steel that is rust-resistant and and helps tackle the toughest garden jobs
- MEASURE SOIL WITH EASE with this gardening knifes easy to read depth measurements in both millimeters and inches, making planting seeds and bulbs a breeze.
A garden knife is a tool of choice if you want to divide plants before planting them in the soil. You can also use your garden knife when transplanting and weeding your garden. You can also use it to cut sod. Therefore, it is a versatile gardening tool that performs other gardening tasks that other tools can perform.
Your Hori Hori garden knife will also come in handy when removing rocks on the seedbed. You can also use it to open bags, cut through twines and ties. Your knife can also dig out weed and perform other gardening activities.
Since it has a sharp serrated blade, you want to keep it out of reach of children. Arm yourself with a garden knife and tend to your vegetables, herbs, flowers, and bulbs with unmatched precision.
- Are you tired of spending hours removing plant root from your lawn or garden? our fantastic stand up weed puller can help you remove weeds by their roots quickly with no bending
- To pull weeds, start in a standing position, dig the steel claw into the center of the weed, twist the handgrip to remove it, then pull down the top grip to release the plant. It’s as easy as that!
- Standing plant root remover tool with 39 long handle fit for most peoples height. Perfect stand up design protect your back, No bending and kneeling, keep hands clean
Primarily built with weed removal in mind, a weeder excellently removes weed from your garden without the use of any harmful chemicals. It has a forked end that excellently digs out each weed, thus weeding your garden in the long run. What’s more, a weeder digs out weeds by removing them together with their roots.
As such, your garden will be free of weeds. And you can be sure that the weeds will not regrow since you shall have removed them together with their roots. A weeder is, therefore, a great tool for weeding individual plants in your garden.
But it subjects you to prolonged gardening tasks since you attend to each plant separately. Choose your weeder and eliminate the unwanted plants that compete with your precious plants for water and nutrients.
- Easy feed allows you to Advance your line with the push of a button with no bumping required
- The 6.5 amp motor and Power Drive transmission provide maximum performance when trimming through the toughest weeds, grass, and overgrowth
- 2in1 Trim or Edge with wheeled edge guide - just rotate to convert from trimmer to wheeled edger
Also known as a weed whacker, a string trimmer is great for keeping all hard-to-reach places pristine and in tidy condition.
Use a string trimmer to edge your walkways after cutting down the lawn. You can also use this gardening tool to keep the grass surrounding your garden short and in a tidy condition.
But when selecting a weed whacker, there are a few factors you will need to consider. First, you will decide whether you need an electric or a gas-powered weed eater. You will also consider the power of the motor for electric models.
The more horsepower the motor churns out, the more work your string trimmer can do. Be sure to check out our top picks for the best string trimmers.
A Digging Shovel
- The item is Size 2 Eagle Square Point Shovel 44 Long Handle
- Used for Handtools & Tool Organizers, Hammers
- The product is manufactured in Ch
A shovel is a tool you will need to dig holes for planting your vegetables. You will also use it to transport dirt from a wheelbarrow to your garden. And this eliminates the need to dump the whole load from a wheelbarrow to your garden.
You will also be glad to have a shovel when mixing potting soil and adding it to your gardening containers. Your digging shovel will also prove to be an indispensable gardening tool when leveling the ground for your seeds to shoot out. If you’re looking for an impressive performance from this tool, look for a pointed shovel. It will penetrate the soil with ease.
- The yard Rover features two, air-filled wheels, making it easier to lift, balance and maneuver.
- The loop handle allows users to effortlessly push, pull or dump the contents of the yard Rover.
- It features a rust-proof 5-cubic foot poly tray and 300-pound load capacity, perfect for residential use.
You will need a wheelbarrow if you have a more extensive garden. You can move dirt and compost from one location to the next with ease if you carry such loads with a wheelbarrow. Your wheelbarrow will also be helpful when looking to transport seedlings to your gardening bed.
But you might need a garden cart to move your gardening tools around. So, it’s ideal to select a traditional wheelbarrow for transporting dirt and compost from one location to the next. And be sure to choose a garden cart if you aim to move your gardening tools around.
- These micro tip snips are built spring-loaded so that they automatically push themselves open without you having to do the work which greatly reduces hand
- ULTRA SHARP BLADES: These quality snips come with stainless steel precision-sharpened blades and are ready to tackle all of your deadheading.
- SECURE, EASY TO OPERATE LOCK: These micro tip snips feature a safe and secure sideways locking mechanism that keeps your blades protected and closed when not in use.
Pruning shears will be helpful when cutting or trimming herbs, fruits, or vegetables in your garden. When harvesting the fruits of your hard labor, you will also need this useful gardening tool. That’s because they are great for cutting through thick stems and branches.
Since your vegetables will grow thick stems in summer, you should arm yourself with one of these tools by summer. Once you’ve harvested your fruits, it is time to put your beautiful garden to bed. And pruning shears will help you do that to create a compost pile. Therefore, you should invest in pruning shears.
- EASY, CLEAN CUTS: Serrated blades are ideal for cutting an assortment of plants and flowers.
- COMFORTABLE TO USE: Ergonomic, co-molded grips for comfort.
- BLADES ARE RESHARPENABLE: Stainless steel blades are durable and built to last cut after cut.
Most gardeners overlook these essential gardening tools. And they don’t realize how much they need garden scissors to perform delicate pruning jobs. You can also use this tool to open seed packets and dig out small holes for planting your vegetables. You only need to improvise and perform multiple gardening tasks with this versatile tool.
- Durable and reliable high carbon steel blades for superior cutting performance
- Strong, lightweight aluminium handles allow you to tackle all landscape manicuring jobs with ease
- Ergonomic anti-slip grips for added safety and comfort
- Model number: 599633501
A hedge trimmer will help you maintain a picture-perfect landscape on your property. By trimming your shrubs, hedges, and bushes, you’re also making your garden stand out and become the center of attraction for guests walking by the garden. Lawn shears are great for shaping your hedges and shrubs that might be part of the garden. Look for your ideal lawn shears and give your landscape a breath-taking look!
- 3 SIDED RAZOR TEETH FOR EFFICIENT CUTTING: 10 blade is ideal for cutting 5 - 6 diameter, small to medium, branches
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED, COMFORTABLE, CO-MOLDED HANDLE: Provides a comfortable grip for extended use
- EASY TO LATCH BLADE PREVENTS INJURY WHEN NOT IN USE: Folding blade is curved, taper-ground, and replaceable
A pruning saw will come in handy when cutting down stubborn branches. You can find various types of pruning saws. If you’re looking to cut down green wood and sap, be sure to select a pruning saw with a straight blade. But if you’re looking for heavy duty pruning, a pruning saw with a curved blade will help a great deal. But for gardening purposes, arm yourself with a folding pruning saw.
- PORTABLE – A lightweight design combined with rear wheels make for a portable tool cart that can easily move from one work area to the next! Bring all your tools and gardening accessories with you on the first trip without strain
- LARGE CAPACITY – This rolling garden organization and storage rack can fit roughly 40 tools at a time and has numerous varying slots made to fit tools of all shapes and sizes, from rakes and brooms to extension cords
Sometimes it might be harder to transport all your gardening tools from one location to the next all at once. But with a garden glide, you can drag all the gardening tools across the yard and transport them to the working site!
What’s more, a garden glide can carry various items such as seedlings, garden waste, and compost, to mention a few items.
A garden glide is your best tool if you hate lifting items from time to time. Thanks to its low-profile design, you can roll tools onto this useful gardening tool for transportation. Choose your best garden glide and move your essential items across the yard with ease.
- POWER LIKE THE PROS: The 12 Amp motor spins the 7.5” blade fast and deep at 4700 revolutions per minute, giving you professional-looking lines and edges
- 3 DEPTH ADJUSTMENTS: Cut down at 1”, 1-1/4”, 1-1/2” depending on the task at hand
- CUTTING LINE INDICATOR: Stay on the straight and narrow with the cutting line guide you’ll notice a difference when you’re done
Creating an edge in your garden will make it have an appealing look. No gardening tool helps you create a better garden edge than an edger. Your edger easily cuts a line between the garden and the sidewalk, thus creating a perfect edge for your garden.
Using an edger is quite a breeze since you only need to place the edger’s blade where you’d love to create an edge. Then press down on the blade with your foot to sink the blade into the soil. It is that simple! But for a better result, you should choose the best edger.
- Comfort GEL soft, ergonomically shaped grips for maximum comfort, fit and control
- Integrated Shock-Guard bumpers reduces strain and fatigue
- Specially coated, non-stick blades helps maintain maximum sharpness
- 25-inch extra strength, trapezoidal steel handles
If you have trees or shrubs in your garden, you might want to prune their overgrown branches to keep them sizable. Loopers will be perfect for the job. Also, loopers are great for cutting down or pruning dead branches. As a result, your hedge and trees will be under your control.
When selecting a pair of loopers, ensure your gardening tool can cut through 1-2 inches in diameter. Be sure to select loopers that can prune your dead branches.
But you will consider the maximum thickness a pair of loopers can handle before buying it. So, carefully select your loopers.
Gardening is an activity that could improve the appearance of the landscape. It could also increase the yields from your garden. As such, it is an activity that you should often do to improve the quality of your property. But you’re going to need essential gardening tools to keep your garden neat and pristine.
Fortunately, we’ve gone through some of the gardening tools you might need to attend to the planets and vegetables in your garden. Therefore, caring for vegetables might be easier than before. You can also check out other gardening tools and use them to care for the plants. You have every reason to care for the plants and vegetables in your garden. Transform your landscape by attending to your plants.