We’ve all seen the Serta commercials with the cutesy sheep and the promises of best the sleep you’ve ever had. We’re all familiar with the Serta brand. Here’s the serta luxury 12 gel memory foam mattress review.
Mattress companies have promised for decades that their mattress is better than the others. We’re all desensitized to the commercials and the ads.
We want the truth, facts, and honest opinions these days before we make a buy.
We want to know our money is going towards something concrete– or something much softer and comfy.
So, we decided to review Serta’s Luxury gel memory foam mattress and give you our honest opinion.
This Serta Luxury 12 Gel memory foam mattress review will tell you exactly if the words going around are true.
Gel Memory Foam
So, what exactly is gel memory foam? It’s not a type of memory foam that you hear about very often. It’s an intriguing concept and we’re going to cover what exactly that means.
Serta’s gel memory foam is their own patented product and it’s 2 1/2 inches thick. It uses open-cell memory foam and this memory foam has gel beads inside.
The open-cell memory foam promises optimal airflow and the gel beads are cool to the touch.
With this Serta mattress you’re going to receive the coolest sleep you’ve had in awhile. No more nights of hot and stuffy tossing and turning.
The memory foam promotes a comfortable sleep. This foam mattress applies pressure on the parts of your body that needs it.
This includes applying pressure for proper spinal alignment. The sleeper in this bed will feel the comfort.
And the memory foam takes the pressure off the painful places that need more freedom. It contours around those painful pressure points so it doesn’t add any more pressure.
The pressure relief allows for a comfortable nights sleep for side, stomach and back sleepers.
Design: This Serta mattress has a 3-layer design. The first layer, from top to bottom, is the 2 1/2 inches thick gel memory foam. Next, there’s a 2 1/2 inch custom support layer. Last, the third layer is a 7-inch base layer.
Second Layer: The 2nd layer is the custom support layer, as we discussed right above. This custom support layer has air channel support foam for added customization.
The airflow supports the airflow in the gel memory foam for added coolness. No heat’s going to get trapped in the mattress, regardless of your body heat.
Third Layer: The 3rd layer is the base layer. It has a high-density support foam. This helps add support to those places of your body that need it, like your spine.
Firmness: It has a medium-feel firmness. It has a combo of contouring the body just right. And it also has the right kind of bounce.
Compatibility: Compatibility is an important aspect of any mattress. This mattress is compatible with traditional box springs, adjustable bases, and platform foundations.
Durability: The high-quality memory foam in this mattress is tough. It’s durable and it can take a lot of pressure. Even with pressure, it still has a firm bounce.
Product Dimensions: 80 inches by 76 inches by 12 inches, 111 pounds
- The gel memory foam lives up to its’ promise. You’ll get a cool and comfortable sleep every night.
- The mattress does contour around your body to ease pesky pressure points and allow for pressure relief.
- It also adds support where you need it. It supports your spine night and you don’t wake up with a sore back.
- It’s perfect for back sleepers, side sleepers, and stomach sleepers.
- It has a lighter feel, like you’re floating while you’re sleeping.
- The mattress keeps its’ firmness for years and years. It doesn’t soften up too soon like a lot of memory foam mattresses.
- The mattress is covered in a high-quality and smooth fabric. This fabric creates an upholstered feel.
- It’s the perfect size for couples. And it’s great for couples who have a partner who sleeps pretty hot.
- You can’t feel your partner’s movements throughout the night.
- You don’t have to flip your mattress.
- It doesn’t have that gross new mattress smell. That smell you always wish would go away sooner than it does. You know the smell.
- It includes a deluxe cover for the mattress.
- Serta offers a 20-year limited warranty with this memory foam mattress. If you’re going to buy a brand new mattress, a warranty is a must. This warranty covers 1 replacement within the coverage period. And a defect if it has a body impression that’s 1.5 inches deep.
- The deluxe cover that’s included isn’t machine washable. You have to hand wash it when it gets icky.
- You have to wait 72 hours for the mattress to start to work properly.
- There isn’t much support on the edges and corners of the mattress.
- For some people, it’s too firm for their back and spine.
- If you’re new to memory foam beds, it can take a while to get used to. The difference between the feel of memory foam and the feel of a box spring. But the change gets much better.
- For some buyers that weigh more than 150 pounds, a depression appears where they sleep after awhile. A few have reported a depression within a week. But not all buyers have reported this problem.
- A few buyers have reported that the mattress they received had a hump in the middle of it.
- It can be difficult to return or exchange. It’s a long process.
Our Rating: 4 stars out of 5 stars
They impressed us with this Serta gel memory foam mattress. The gel memory foam is innovative and wonderful for anyone tired of sleeping hot.
And we all know how hot memory foam can get.
We recommend this mattress to anyone looking for something new, cooler, and comfortable. The advantages outweigh the perceived disadvantages any day.