Zinus, the company that makes Slumber 1 beds, is not a well-known mattress company. But its an interesting company and they make creative mattresses.
A Zinus mattress is typically infused with ingredients that are known to relax the mind and cause a good night’s sleep. Yes, they infuse their mattresses. They infuse them with ingredients like green tea to whisk you into a deep sleep. So, after this Slumber 1 – 8” Mattress-in-a-Box review, we will be able to understand if all these infused ingredients are worth the money.
But infusion isn’t the only creative turn they’ve taken with their mattresses. They also have a mattress-in-a-box.
I bet you’re tired of big furniture and mattress stores gouging you for a bed. But you don’t have to walk into any of those stores anymore. The internet is an infinite shopping center.
This brings us to a mattress-in-a-box. Not only can you order yourself a Slumber 1 bed online, but it’s going to come in a box. Not a giant box but a box that’s easier to maneuver.
So, we’re going to review Zinus’ Slumber 1 Mattress-in-a-Box.
Mattress-in-a-Box: Zinus uses its rebound technology. This technology ensures the mattress will expand in minutes after you take it out of the box. It’s interesting to watch.
And when it’s finished expanding, it’ll be set for you to sleep on. You don’t have to wait 48 or 72 hours to sleep on it.
Motion Separation: The coil springs are undistributed. This means if you move around a lot at night, your partner won’t feel a thing. And vice versa. No more annoying each other at night.
Design: It’s designed and built to adjust to you. It adjusts to both your body shape and weight for your optimal sleep comfort.
You’ll sink in a tad bit and the mattress will contour around you.
Firmness: This is a super firm mattress throughout. If you’re looking for a soft mattress, look elsewhere.
It’s a tight top bed mattress that has individual spring coils, which creates super firm sleep.
Durability: They advertise the mattress as very durable. It uses heavy-duty gauge steel coils. It’s supposed to not wear out for a very long time.
Product Dimensions: Twin 75 inches by 39 inches, by 8 inches, Full 75 inches by 54 inches by 8 inches, Queen 80 inches by 60 inches by 8 inches, King 80 inches by 76 inches by 8 inches
- This is an affordable mattress for any budget. If you can’t spend a pretty penny on a new mattress, this is a decent option.
- We love to watch the mattress unfurl out of the box. It’s fascinating to observe. It’s not something you see every day.
- You can sleep in it the night you get it set up. There’s no wait like other mattresses recommend. There’s no mattress settling.
- It takes less than 2 weeks to break this mattress in. We all know breaking in a new mattress can be a headache. Literally. Not to mention a back and neck ache.
- For most buyers, the mattress is super comfy. They sleep hard throughout the night. It adjusts to their body and nothing else going on disturbs their sleep.
- This is a perfect mattress for back sleepers with back problems. The firmness gives the back and spine support. No more waking up achy and sore.
- There’s a nice bounce to the mattress.
- There is better motion separation then most mattresses. You’ll never wake up again because your partner can’t get comfortable. You won’t wake up when your dog jumps on and off your bed in the middle of the night.
- You don’t have to flip this mattress ever. So you don’t have to pick it up and move it around. Instead, you only have to switch what end of the bed you sleep on every once and awhile.
- The firmness of this mattress can be overwhelming for some sleepers. It’s a very, very firm mattress that hits all the points on your body. Side sleepers will dislike the firmness more than anyone. They’re going to wake up hurting from it pressing on the side of their body.
- This mattress starts to sag after a few years, especially for adults. Since it’s a coil spring bed, it works better for children. Or for limited use, like a guest bed.
- The support isn’t impressive. Anyone who weighs 230 pounds or more is going to wear down the mattress.
- Since the support is subpar, couples sleeping on this mattress is going to have the same issue. It’s going to wear down after only a few years.
- The edges and the corners of the mattress have very little support. They’re going to sink in if you sit on them for too long.
- It has a plastic and sour smell to it. It takes a while before the smell wears off. It can take weeks for it to clear.
- It gets squeaky after sleeping on it for a handful of months. And there’s no way to get rid of the annoying squeak.
- No warranty is offered with the purchase of the mattress.
- Zinus’ customer service is lacking.
Our Rating: 3 1/2 stars out of 5 stars
We weren’t impressed with this mattress. It’s not the worst mattress on the market. But it’s not great either. We considered this Slumber 1 mattress a little bit on the mediocre side.
It works as a temporary bed but if you sleep on it every night, it’s going to wear down quickly.
It has nothing to do with the mattress coming in a box. It has more to do with the quality and how it was made.
As for others’ reviews, there have been positives and there have been negatives. It’s a mixed judgment.