Reaching fitness goals can be tough; with today’s busy schedules, simply making it to the gym can be a challenge. Hiring a personal trainer is expensive, not to mention the cost of a gym membership.
But thanks to smart home technology, home fitness equipment is getting a major boost. Smart home gym equipment can connect you with live trainers and track your progress.
If you’re looking to amp up your home workout routine, check out our picks for smart home gyms that get you in shape.
Note that a smart home gym tends to require a sizable upfront investment. Heavy equipment loaded with new technology doesn’t come cheap, after all.
But once the equipment is purchased, expenses are fairly minimal. Some equipment does require a monthly subscription, but those tend to be under $50 monthly.
And anytime you feel like working out, all you have to do is walk across your house into your smart home gym.
Our Picks for Smart Home Gyms That Get You in Shape
|Smart Home Gyms||Product Information||Check Price|
|Top Top||NordicTrack Commercial Series 10" HD Touchscreen Display Treadmill 1750 Model + 1 Year iFit Membership||Check Price|
|Top Top||NordicTrack Commercial S15i Studio Cycle||Check Price|
|Top Top||RENPHO Smart Jump Rope||Check Price|
|Top Top||Echelon Reflect 50in Touch Smart Connect Fitness Mirror , Black||Check Price|
|Top Top||MAXPRO Fitness Portable Smart Cable Home Gym | All-in-One Machine w/Bluetooth||Check Price|
NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill
- Bring Home Interactive Personal Training powered by iFit; 1-year iFit family membership included; create up to 5 individual exercise profiles; Access live, studio, and global workouts (468 dollar value)
- Immersive 10-inch interactive HD touchscreen streams on-demand iFit workouts directly to your equipment and provides easy stats tracking; SMART-Response motor for effective running and cardio training
- 300-pound user capacity; Protected with a 10-year frame warranty, 2-year parts warranty, and 1-year labor warranty; 62.75” H x 39.25” W x 81.25” L
If you love walking, running, or hiking, the NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill will be a staple of your smart home gym. It has a 10-inch HD touchscreen for streaming workouts from iFit, its fitness subscription service.
iFit workouts mean you can virtually go on a run in Paris or even in Antarctica. The treadmill will automatically adjust the incline, decline, and speed to make it feel like you’re actually there.
There’s also a build-your-own workout where you can choose any location from Google Maps. (However, they’re just static images that change as you run, so it’s not the most exciting.)
This treadmill, which is comparable in popularity and features to the Peloton Tread, also has lots of user-friendly features.
You can turn cushioning on to reduce impact on your joints, or turn it off to mimic road runs.
A built-in fan keeps you cool during long runs, and heart monitor connectivity tracks your workout’s intensity. It also has Bluetooth connectivity to work with wireless headphones.
Overall, with 50 built-in workouts from pro trainers, the NordicTrack 1750 is a lot more fun than the treadmills of yesteryear.
Note that iFit is free for one year, with a family subscription running $39 per month thereafter.
|iFit has both live & streaming workouts.||Have to pay for iFit after a year.|
|Has both incline and decline.||Google Maps workouts aren't as exciting as they sound.|
|Cushioned tread to reduce impact on joints.||iFit workouts are hard to navigate.|
|Best Smart Home Gyms Review|
NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle
- Experience an immersive, interactive workout with the 15-inch Smart HD touchscreen. Follow your iFit Trainer through intense workouts and view your stats from speed to calories burned with the simple swipe of a finger.
- An upper body workout comes standard on the S15i Studio Cycle with the included set of 3 Lb. dumbbells intensify your cycling workouts and make cross-training a breeze.
- Designed and engineered for incredibly smooth performance, this flywheel provides more even and natural movement.
Get an intense studio-style workout from the comfort of your own home with the NordicTrack Commercial Studio Cycle.
Led by the popularity of the Peloton Bike, stationary bikes are the most popular smart home gym equipment these days.
And this is a great one: It’s loaded with features including a 15-inch touchscreen display, and SMR (Silent Magnetic Resistance) means every ride is smooth and quiet.
What makes this bike a “smart” bike is interactive personal training powered by iFit. You get a free 1-year iFit membership for up to 5 different users, making it perfect for families where everyone rides.
iFit gives you access to live streaming workouts as well as recorded ones you can do at any time.
LIVE Incline Matching technology means the iFit instructors can adjust the incline on your bike to match theirs, from -10 up to 20 percent.
iFit also has Google Maps technology, meaning you can go on virtual rides anywhere around the world you please. There are also 24 digital resistance levels, giving you complete control over your workout.
After your first free year, the iFit membership is $15/month or $33/month, which is quite inexpensive compared to a gym membership.
One (small) downside to this bike is that touchscreen console gets a little wobbly during rides.
Also, the course library is a bit hard to navigate, meaning sometimes you have to search long and hard to find what you want.
Overall, if you enjoy cycling this is one of the best stationary bikes to build your smart home gym around.
|Adjustable incline & resistance.||Have to pay for iFit after 1 year.|
|Real-time workouts with live trainers.||Console wobbles during rides.|
|Free 1-year iFit membership||Course library is hard to navigate.|
|Best Smart Home Gyms Review|
RENPHO Smart Jump Rope
- Most Convenient Cardio Exercise: With RENPHO smart jump rope, you can get a more efficient, more low-cost, and happier cardio exercise.
- Our fitness skipping rope can connect with our APP Renpho Fit that can easily analyze and track your periodic workout data. You can grasp your skip time, total skip number, calories burned, and tangles to reach your fitness goal at any time.
- Our jump rope is built-in chip and is equipped with 3 sensitive & precise Hall sensors that can count for every jumping data correctly and ensure data accuracy.
For those who just want to dip their toe into the smart gym equipment waters, check out the RENPHO Smart Jump Rope.
This is definitely not the jump rope you may have used in elementary school gym class! Jumping rope is actually an amazing cardio exercise, and the RENPHO Smart Jump Rope tracks your progress.
The jump rope is equipped with a Bluetooth chip that communicates with a smartphone app about your reps and speed.
It has three modes — Free Jump, Time Countdown, or Number Countdown — so you can jump for a specified length of time or number of reps.
Compared to walking or jogging, jumping rope is an extremely efficient calorie burner as you’ll be able to see from the RENPHO Fit app which tracks your metrics.
The best thing about the RENPHO Smart Jump Rope is that it’s only $29.
So if you’re not yet ready to invest in a big piece of smart home gym equipment, check out this unique home fitness innovation.
|Extremely affordable||Can only be used for one type of exercise.|
|App connectivity via Bluetooth.||Volume can't be adjusted.|
|Easy to do in a small space.|
|Best Smart Home Gyms Review|
Echelon Reflect Smart Connect Fitness Mirror
- Innovative connected fitness technology that looks just like your average mirror. But, in truth, its a comprehensive and interactive workout experience that will redefine what it means to workout at home.
- Compete with friends or challenge your previous results with precise stats, every time. Dont guess how youre performing. Reflect offers real-time, personalized stats on your heart rate, calories burned, abilities, goals, and more!
- With no app download required by each user, this easy to-use, sweat-proof, and WiFi enabled touchscreen display will give the feeling of being fully immersed into every class.
Capitalizing on the popularity of the Mirror (now owned by Lululemon), the Echelon Reflect is an interactive workout system that looks like a mirror hanging on your wall.
The HD display is used to play both live and on-demand workout classes, from Zumba and yoga to barre and strength training. It allows you to simultaneously see your own form in your reflection as well as the instructor.
The Echelon Reflect basically brings a studio workout into your home so you can take classes any time you want.
The Echelon Reflect can connect to many heart rate monitors, allowing you to monitor the intensity of your workout.
It also connects to Bluetooth headphones, so you can hear your instructor without disturbing others.
This high-tech smart home gym isn’t without its flaws, though: You can’t fast-forward or rewind recorded classes, which can be a bit annoying. And, like a laptop, the screen can be difficult to see in bright light due to the glare.
Overall, while it’s not cheap, the Echelon Reflect is great for a wide variety of workouts no matter your fitness level. And if you’re limited on space, this is about as compact as smart home gym equipment gets.
|Variety of live & on-demand classes.||Expensive|
|Bluetooth headphone & heart rate monitor connectivity.||Can't fast-forward or rewind classes.|
|Discreet design looks like a mirror.||Screen hard to see in bright light.|
|Best Smart Home Gyms Review|
MAXPRO Fitness Portable Cable Smart Home Gym
- MAXPRO Sport Orange SmartConnect, MAXPRO 3-piece Quick Connect Long Bar, 2x MAXPRO Workout Handles, 2x MAXPRO Ankle/Wrist Straps, 2x MAXPRO Door Mount Brackets & USB Charger.
- Bluetooth connected model, with on-board sensors that along with the MAXPRO App track your workout, monitor your progress, provides valuable data and analytics, and coaches you to help you reach your fitness goals.
- ADJUSTABLE RESISTANCE: Clear resistance markings adjustable from 5lbs to 300lbs with a simple turn of a dial from one exercise to the next.
The MAXPRO Fitness Portable Cable Smart Home Gym is an all-in-one cable fitness machine you can take with you. It doesn’t look like much, just a simple compact platform with cables on each side.
It weighs less than nine pounds but can provide up to 300 pounds of resistance total, so it packs a punch.
Depending on how you set it up, it can be used for strength, cardio, suspension, function training, and/or plyometrics.
It can be simply placed on the ground, or secured to a door mount depending on the exercise. It comes with three different attachments: ankle straps, handles, and a bar.
Overall, the MAXPRO Fitness Portable Cable Smart Home Gym is a great alternative to gym weight machines. For people who travel a lot and love to work out, this may be a game-changer.
While it seems pricey for the size, it’s a pretty great value considering what all you can do with it.
|Bluetooth connectivity||Not wifi-enabled|
|Up to 300 pounds of resistance.|
|Best Smart Home Gyms Review|
What Type of Smart Home Gym Equipment Should You Buy?
Nowadays there are many different kinds of smart home gym equipment on the market to suit different interests.
Do you want a treadmill, a stationary bike, resistance training equipment or something else entirely? Here we give a brief explanation of the various types.
Smart stationary bikes have video screens for viewing live and on demand workouts to follow. They generally can auto-adjust the resistance level to match your instructor or chosen workout.
Paired with the corresponding fitness app on your smartphone, you can track your progress and calorie burn.
Like smart bikes, smart treadmills have video screens allowing you to stream live and on-demand classes from actual trainers. They typically have inclines that can auto-adjust to match your instructor, too.
When the weather is bad or you simply don’t want to leave the house, a smart treadmill can totally transform your home fitness routine.
There are plenty of options for resistance training when it comes to smart home gym equipment. Rowing machines have been updated with smart technology to make them more engaging and interactive.
Then there’s devices like Tonal, a wall-mounted machine with adjustable digital resistance bands, or the aforementioned MAXPRO Portable Gym.
Another option is Tempo Studio, a wall-mounted weight machine with a screen where trainers instruct you in lifting free weights.
Other Smart Home Gym Equipment
Other popular smart home gym equipment include wall-mounted “mirrors” that stream all kinds of workouts.
If you enjoy switching up your workout routines regularly, from Zumba to barre to yoga, this might be the perfect smart home gym equipment for you.
If you’re ready to get in shape and don’t want to hassle with trips to the gym, smart home gym equipment might change your life. These interactive machines help you track your progress, giving you extra accountability.
The interactive features can almost make it feel like you’re working out with a human face-to-face.
We hope you enjoyed reviewing our picks for the best smart home gym equipment to get in shape and wish you luck in your fitness journey.