There are very few people who don’t like a good panini sandwich. It’s one of the most versatile and tasty types of food that can make a meal or snack perfect. There is an endless way to make them with no end of ingredients. Paninis can go from the basic grilled cheese to adventurous kitchen creations like berries and brie. So, here’s the best panini press the top 6 models reviewed in 2021.
Getting a commercial panini press at home means you can make your favorite foods in your own kitchen. No need to head out to a restaurant. The bonus to a panini grill at home is it is not only for sandwiches. Cook bacon, hash browns, or even an omelet if you feel like it. Here are some of the best panini models you can purchase for your home in 2021.
Best Panini Presses on the Market
Cuisinart Electric Griddle
- LCD display- displays function, temperature and timer. NOTE : Model Number GR-5BP1 and GR-5B same product
- User-friendly digital controls
- Adjustable temperatures from 175-450 degrees
This panini maker is one of the tops on the market. It is stylish and versatile. It is not only a panini press, but also a contact grill, a full grill, a griddle, as well as a half grill. The press itself is adjustable, so you can alter the thickness of the bread and the grill can make burgers, chicken, veggies, or quesadillas. You just have to simply flip the grill plate. It has an LED screen that will show the setting it’s on the temperature, as well as the timer. It is designed perfectly from the lid to the drip tray. It’s good-looking, works well, and is super simple to clean.
Brentwood Compact Dual Sandwich Maker
- Enjoy 1 to 2 grilled sandwiches with easy Cut diagonal indentations
- Cool touch handles allow you to freely open, close and move unit
- Non-stick plates make removing sandwiches easy and clean up a breeze
This is a great panini maker if you are lacking in counter space or cooking space. This Brentwood Panini Press is a small appliance that can fit into the smallest of storage spaces. It cooks great grilled cheese quickly with the perfect butter taste on the outside. It doesn’t have a lot of bells and whistles, but it is an inexpensive, basic model, and it makes a delicious sandwich in no time.
Hamilton Beach Electric Panini Press Grill
- Easily make hot pressed sandwiches of varied thicknesses, from grilled cheese and Reubens to paninis and Mexican tortas.
- With a total of 95 square inches of nonstick surface on the top and bottom grill plates, the hot sandwich maker / electric grill will cook most meals in 10 minutes or less.
- As food cooks, fat drips away into the dishwasher safe, slide-out drip tray to reduce countertop mess.
This is a great model that can make a variety of foods: sandwiches, quesadillas, desserts, and more. It has a non-stick plate, along with a floating hinge/lid, so you get heat distribution that is balanced. The lid can open up to 180° so you can grill open-face sandwiches as well as pizza. It is simple to use and is a reasonable price. It’s a great, versatile choice.
George Foreman GRP4842P Multi-Plate Evolve Grill
- A high-heat searing burst raises the temperature of the grill to 500 for 90 seconds to give you restaurant-quality results at home
- The digital control panel clearly displays the cooking time and grill temperature, which ranges from 325-450, plus the 500 searing burst.
- The premium grill plates are covered with a multi-layer, nonstick ceramic coating that simplifies cleanup and reduces the need for excess oil and butter.
The George Foreman name has been on grills for decades. This model is a good ceramic option, and it’s food safe. It is non-stick with a floating lid/hinge system when you are making a bigger sandwich. It comes with a control panel so you can adjust cooking temperatures and time as needed. The George Foreman grill has a removable, dishwasher safe plate, along with a sear setting, so your panini is exactly right. It provides an easy cook and a quick clean, so the food items are perfect.
Maxi-Matic Elite Platinum EPN-2976 Electric Panini Press
- Hungry for a sandwich? With the Elite Cuisine Panini Press & Grill, you get two appliances in one.
- Quick and tasty meals are a cinch to whip up. Perfect for making a quick snack, sandwiches for lunch, or grilling up dinner.
- SAFETY TESTED ETL listed 1000 watt/120V of power.
If you are on a budget, then this is the perfect panini press grill for you. It is affordable and a combination model. It can also be a grill when needed, since it opens wide and has a floating lid/hinge for those bigger sandwiches. It heats up quickly and is easy to clean, so you can get creative and clean up easy with the non-stick surface.
Hamilton Beach 4-in-1 Indoor Grill and Electric Griddle
- Indoor BBQ Grill, Grill/Griddle, Full Griddle, and Bacon Cooker. Cook Burgers, Chicken, Steak, Fish, Paninis or Vegetables Just Like You Would on a Traditional Grill or Open Flat to Make Eggs.
- All You Need for the Perfect Breakfast. Easily Cooks Eggs, Pancakes, French Toast, Sausage and Much More.
- Make an Entire Meal at Once by Positioning the Plates Into a Grill and Griddle Combo. Grill Chicken to Perfection on the Grill.
This is one of the top-ranked panini presses in 2021. It is a 4-in-1 appliance that has a removable plate. You can go from a grill to a griddle easily, depending on what the menu is. Whether you want paninis, burgers, or pancakes, they are all a go. It has adjustable temperature control so you can pick your temperature setting for your food selection. It has a special plate to protect you from foods that splatter. It is easy to clean, and the removable cooking plates can go in the dishwasher.
Extras You Can Look For
While these are some of the best panini presses in 2021, there are some other things you may want to look at when choosing the one that is best for your lifestyle and budget. While most will state whether they have non-removable plates or not, there are other plates that might interest you. There are some with griddle plates, a flat plate, and some that have combinations that can be swapped out. Make sure the model you choose has the plates to cook the food you want.
Along with plates, make sure to look at the drip trays. You don’t want to get one that ends up making a mess with grease, fat, and other melted food items. A removable drip tray that is also a dishwasher-safe drip tray is good to have. There are other models that have a drip spout, which is good, too.
Finally, there are some with extras such as a ceramic butter warmer, heat sensors, and perfected heat retention, just to name a few. Doing your research will find you the best of the best, which will give you exactly what you need in a price range you can afford.
While we often think of sandwiches as the main thing a panini maker creates, there is so much more that can be cooked. This is true even with the smaller, inexpensive ones. They are perfect for a quick meal when you are in a rush, or they can be part of making a good-sized meal whether it be pancakes for breakfast, pizza, and hamburgers for dinner.
These panini presses are easy to use and simple to clean up. Their variable cooking surface means that switching up the menu is quick. You can choose to use lots of butter or cook healthier foods on the non-stick surface that many of the grills have. There are lots of choices when buying a grill and the food you can make.