No matter what type of profession you’re in, it always helps to have a neat and organized toolbox or tool chest with a wide assortment of tools that will assist you in getting any task complete. Here are the best tool box and chest to organize your garage tools in 2021.
If you’re looking for a good storage solution for your tool kit, a toolbox organizer can be great for carrying around smaller tools and heavy tools.
Depending on what type of job you’re doing, the tools in your toolbox will be different. Mechanics will be using many different tools than a finishing carpenter will be using, and that will reflect what tools will be in the toolbox or portable tool chest.
If you’re the type of person that does a lot of DIY projects, then you’ll want a toolbox that has a variety of different tools included in it, with lots of storage space. The best tool overall tool chest on the market is the Husky 52-inch Tool Chest & Rolling Cabinet Combo.
Husky 52-inch Tool Chest & Rolling Cabinet Combo – Best Overall – 5/5
- 18 Drawers and Top Till provide 35,767 cu. In. of storage Soft Close Drawer Slides support up to 120 lb. Features.
- Internal keyed locking system (with 2 included keys) provides added security; additional privacy drawer in top chest with different lock
- 8 electrical outlets and 4 USB ports within the top till (4 outlets/2 USB on each side) allow you to charge tools and electronics.
The Husky 52-inch Tool Chest & Rolling Cabinet Combo is not only a tool chest, but it’s also a workbench that you can roll around. It comes in a matte black style and each drawer is capable of supporting up to 120 pounds. There is also a wood tray insert that can act as a surface for writing things down and working on.
Included in the tool chest are outlet strips that have USB ports built into them. The sizes of drawers are ideal, and there is one full-width drawer that spans the whole tool chest. This is one of the highest quality tool chests on the market, and the price tag reflects it.
|Highly-rated HEPA filter.||Noisy.|
|30 feet hose.||No retractable cord.|
|Good quality accessories.|
|Best Upright Vacuum Reviews|
Milwaukee Packout System – Runner-Up – 5/5
- Made of a heavy duty construction
- IP65 rated weather seal
- Interior organizer tray
- Dimensions: 22.1 x 11.3 x 16.1
The Milwaukee Packout System is a close second when it comes to toolboxes. There are so many features of this product that make it stand out from other toolboxes on the market. It has packout drawers, rolling cases, and a radio system included in it. This product even has vehicle mounts and a dolly included in it.[table “18” not found /]
Sunex Full Drawer Service Cart – Best For Mechanics – 4/5
- SUNEXpress 1 Year Warranty
- Ships fully assembled
- 6 drawers with locking top bin
- 5 x 2 heavy duty casters: 2 locking
- Heavy duty 18 gauge (1.2mm) steel construction
The Sunex Full Drawer Service Cart is the best tool chest for all of the mechanics out there, and it’s due to a number of factors.
- There is a ton of tool storage
- It’s highly portable
- The drawers are extremely durable, manufactured from 18-gauge steel
|Roku OS||No HDR10+ support|
|Gaming mode||Poor viewing angles|
|Simplified remote control||Mediocre sound quality|
|Best Smart TV Review|
WEN Rolling Tool Chest Seat – Best For Rolling – 4/5
- thick and supportive vinyl-protected multi-layered padding maximizes protection and comfort
- includes two padded drawers and a removable fabric storage pouch
- 3-inch ball-bearing swivel casters provide easy movement in all directions
The WEN Rolling Tool Chest Seat is one of the best on the market, and it’s also decently priced. This rolling toolbox comes with a thick cushion on the top of it that can act as a secondary seat for those that want to sit down while using it.
It comes with three different storage drawers that are 2.25 inches in height. The slotted storage tray can fit an assortment of different tools. This toolbox can support up to around 350 pounds of weight. Another nice thing about this tool chest is that it doesn’t roll around on you, and that’s thanks to the fasteners and locking mechanism.
|Very budget-friendly.||Replacement filters can be hard to obtain.|
|Removes smoke & odor particles from the air.||Some buyers report a clicking noise.|
|Compact enough to fit on your desk.|
|Best Air Purifiers Review|
TANKSTORM Heavy Duty Rolling Tool Cart – Best Compact Cart – 4/5
- This rolling tool box is made of high-quality cold rolled steel. Being durable and sturdy.
- The top two drawers can be used for the storage of some small tools and the bottom big cabinet with adjustable shelf to hold some big tools
- The upper two drawers and the bottom doors can be locked for extra security
The TANKSTORM Heavy Duty Rolling Tool Cart is perfect for those that want a good amount of storage on wheels. This tool cart is easy to handle and comes with a convenient side-tray that you can easily make use of for all of your tools.
There are two rolling casters on this tool cart that you can lock in place, and that reduces the chances of the cart rolling away from you as you’re trying to work on something.[table “21” not found /]
Keter Masterloader Rolling Tool Box – Best For Mobility – 4/5
- It is made from an all-weather resin with a 66 lb. weight capacity
- Weather-resistant polypropylene construction prevents rusting, peeling, and denting
- Features a central locking mechanism for maintaining security as well as stability during travel
If mobility is your primary objective in a toolbox, then you’ll want to pick up a Keter Masterloader Rolling Tool Box. The tires are 7-inches and because of how this toolbox is designed, the maneuverability is hard to beat when you compare it to some of the other toolboxes out there.
You can also remove the bins, and that makes the organization much more efficient. Some tool boxes contain only a single storage compartment where all of your big tools are placed, but this one has a nice divider that lets you place certain items in certain places for more organization.
|Compact design fits on a desktop.||Only appropriate for small rooms.
|3 adjustable speed settings.||Ionizer presents potential health risks.|
|Removes 99% of airborne particles.||Not a true HEPA filter.|
|Best Air Purifiers Review|
Goplus Stackable Tool Box – A Good Lightweight Option – 3/5
- The tool chest consists of five drawers, two trays, a large bottom cabinet and a top box drawer. The whole storage cabinet can be detached into 2 boxes.
- The body of this tool combination box is made of solid and durable steel, and its wheels are made of rubber-plastic synthetic material.
- This tool chest is equipped with drawer lock rod to prevent the drawer from sliding out.
If you’re not looking for a toolbox that’s extremely expensive or advanced, the Goplus Stackable Tool Box is a perfect lightweight option to consider. Not every DIY-er requires a $1,200 toolbox, and for those that just have some tools laying around that they need to keep organized for certain projects, this is a wise option to consider.
There are two distinct boxes with the Goplus Stackable Tool Box, and you can detach each one and carry around your tools as you see fit. There is also a tool tray that you can just fill up with whatever tools you’ll be needing for certain projects, and that makes a very versatile product.
There are a total of eight storage compartments on the top of the toolbox where you can place hardware and other things.
|Guide available in four different languages.||Cannot work with the different or old hose.|
|Effortless washing.||Short life because of small nozzles.|
|Light in weight.||No replacement connector for future.|
|Extra-long electric cord.|
|Best Pressure Washer Review|
You’ll always want to do your research before purchasing a toolbox. They can get fairly pricey depending on what you’re using it for, and not everyone will need the best ones on the market.