Table of Contents
You have spent a lot of energy and time in designing your patio, but now you’re not using it. The reason: it’s cold outside. Investing in an outdoor patio heater can enable you to make use of this magnificent space throughout the year.
You can spend time and relax in the outdoors by making this simple investment.
You might not have thought about purchasing an outdoor patio heater before because you are under the impression that they’re big, chunky, hard to maintain and impractical.
That might well have been the case in the past. However, today’s patio heaters aren’t anything like that. In fact, they offer comfort to you along with many other advantages.
Still on the fence about buying an outdoor patio heater? These top See Reviews On Amazon5 reasons for buying an outdoor patio heater might just be enough to nudge you in the right direction.
Virtually Endless Styles and Placement Options
Outdoor patio heaters provide a variety of placement options, several stylish designs and different fuel options. The three fuel types available with patio heaters include electric, propane, and natural gas.
Electric and propone outdoor heaters are generally more portable than gas heaters. They are available in standup, table top and portable, wall mount or ceiling and hanging models.
Natural gas patio heathers are available in hanging, in-ground and standing models.
- Hiland 38-Inch tall portable patio heater. CSA Approved
- 2 Tone Hammered Bronze and SS finish. Thermocouple and Anti-Tilt Safety Devices
- Heat output: 11,000 BTUs. Gas type: 1lb Propane or 20 lb Propane with Adapter hose, not included.
The tabletop outdoor patio heaters are portable, compact and inexpensive. They are ideal for heating a small area. Many of these heaters have bases to house small fuel tanks.
- DUAL USE - Comes with hardware for mounting on walls or ceilings. Also comes with an adjustable tri pod stand
- CARBON INFRARED TECHNOLOGY - Produces heat that is similar to the heat produced by the sun.
- SAFETY FEATURES - A protective metal sheath covers the heating elements.
Portable patio heaters don’t have any fixed fuel line which is why they can be easily moved from one place to another as the need for heat changes. Most of them have a compartment for fuel tanks.
- Recommended primarily for SHELTERED external use. Do NOT expose to rain or moisture.
- Plug and go uses standard 120V, remote controlled
- Included wall and Ceiling mounting bracket
Ceiling mount patio heaters are perfect for you if you don’t want a heater to take up floor space. These heaters provide the same warmth as other models without getting in your way. They are permanently installed and operate on either infrared or natural gas.
- Outdoor gas heater with 46,000 BTUs, providing heat up to a 9-foot radius. Ideal for commercial cafes and restaurants or residential patios
- Made with aluminum, sturdy plastic, and rugged steel with a durable powder-coated finish that stands up to outdoor elements
- Piezo ignition system for easy push-button start ups; requires 20lb Liquid Propane Gas tank (not included); chain to help secure LPG tank provided.
Built for power, stability, and permanence, the in-ground patio heater heats a larger area than most portable models. In-ground models are mostly connected to a natural gas supply and are ideal for commercial properties.
With outdoor patio heater, you don’t have to worry about pets or children getting burned because of the heater. Manufacturers of these heaters establish effective safety standards to keep consumers safe from harm.
Patio heaters don’t produce open flame while their base stays cool to touch. That is why there isn’t any real danger to children and pets.
Emitter screen and dome at top of the heater are the only parts that get hot as they’re in contact with heat source.
In many outdoor patio heaters, there’s a tilt valve that automatically shuts the heater off in case it’s titled to a certain degree or if the heater tips over while running.
You don’t have to break the bank to heat your outdoor space. Outdoor patio expensive aren’t too expensive – you can buy one for as low as $100.
Moreover, they are inexpensive to operate. If you’re using a 40,000 BTU natural gas outdoor patio heater, an estimated $0.476 per hour would be the average cost of usage.
Extends the Outdoor Season
Patios are the perfect place for relaxing, entertaining guests and even cooking when the weather is right. But, usually as the warmer months come to an end, you are forced back indoors because it’s just too chilly when the sun sets.
However, when you have patio heaters, you can extend the outdoor season. These heaters can keep your patios warm allowing you to enjoy the outdoor living area for longer or even the whole area in some areas.
Super-Fast Start Up
Most of the outdoor patio heaters start up really fast. So, you don’t have to wait for hours to get it to warm up your space. You’ll likely feel warmth just after a few minutes of starting the outdoor patio heater.
In a nutshell, if you’re looking to warm up your patio and extend the outdoor season for a little longer, outdoor patio heaters could be the right option for you.
They are affordable, safe and come in a variety of designs and types. So, you might not have any trouble choosing a patio heater that’s easy on your wallet and a perfect fit for your outdoor space.